Data Protection Policy
The following information serves to inform you about how we process data in connection with our Internet website and especially how we process personal data, i.e. data referring to you in connection with our website, and about your rights according to art. 13 of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter GDPR).
1. Person responsible according to the Data Protection Act und data protection officer
Responsible for running the website https://holger-clasen.de and responsible for data processing according to art. 4 (7) GDPR:
HOLGER CLASEN GmbH & Co. KG
Alsterdorfer Straße 234
Personally liable shareholder: Bernd Clasen GmbH
Authorized representative and CEO: Lennart Clasen
Phone: +49 (0)40 511 28-0
Fax: +49 (0)40 511 28-111
You can reach our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the above postal address by indicating „Der/die Datenschutzbeauftragte“.
You can visit our website without telling us who you are. The following user data as well as meta and communication-related data will be transferred automatically to our server when you visit our website:
· name of your internet service provider (ISP),
· website from where you visit us,
· webpages you visit on our website,
· domain and host from which you access the internet,
· possible search terms if you came to us via a search engine,
· possibly the operating system and browser software of your computer,
· incl. date and time of your visit.
The purpose of data processing in this context is to allow you to visit our website and ensure data safety and the stability and operating safety of our system.
To the extent that the data we collect is personal data, it is subject to art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, since the data is processed to fulfill the above-mentioned purposes to meet our legitimate interests and there is no indication that you have a compelling legitimate interest to protect your data that opposes the processing. The data is collected anonymously. Any person-related evaluation will only take place in exceptional cases, i.e. only if such person-related evaluation is required to persecute a legal offence.
The data will be deleted regularly if such erasure does not violate any legal retention obligations or our legitimate interests. In the later case, data will be limited to a necessary minimum and deleted after the end of the retention period or once the legitimate interest has ceased.
As a visitor or user of our website you have the option of contacting us by using the contact forms available or by sending us an email.
The following contact forms are available:
In order to process your request, we need a valid email address as well as your name and company name. All other personal data may be provided voluntarily but will help us process your request. For using our reminder service we also need information on the type of tool, the serial number as well as the date it was last maintained/repaired in order to be able to remind you of your next due maintenance appointment. If we do not receive this data we will not be able to process your request or do so only partially.
We process the data provided in this connection in order to process your request and provide our customer service. The processing of data for this purpose rests on art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a (processing based on consent given) and art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR (processing for the performance of a contract or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract) and art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR (processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests).
Personal data collected in this connection will be deleted after completing your request or after unsubscribing from our reminder-Service or data processing will be limited to the necessary minimum if there are legal retention obligations to comply with or we have a legitimate interest in retaining such data. In the later case, such data will be deleted after the end of the retention period or once our legitimate interest has ceased.
4. Transmitting data to third parties
Your personal data will only be transmitted to third parties in the following cases for the purposes mentioned and on the legal basis referred to:
· You have given your consent to have your data transmitted (art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR);
· Transmission is lawful and required to start or fulfill contractual relations with you (art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR);
· Transmission is necessary to comply with a legal obligation (art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. c GDPR);
· We have a legitimate interest in transmitting your data and there is no reason to assume that such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your personal data (art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR).
Accordingly, data is transmitted to our webhost and, if necessary, to other service providers to guarantee the smooth operation of our website according to 2. Processing of data upon visiting our website including purpose and legal basis of this Data Protection Policy and the efficient processing of your request according to 3. Processing of data when using our contact forms including purpose and legal basis of this Data Protection Policy. We have carefully selected all our service providers and, where necessary, have obliged them to comply with data protection requirements.
If you have given your consent, Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google LLC “Google”) is used on this website. The use includes the “Universal Analytics” operating mode. This makes it possible to assign data, sessions and interactions across multiple devices to a pseudonymous user ID and thus analyze a user's activities across devices.
Purposes of the Processing
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with other services related to website and Internet use.
The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
Recipients or Categories of Recipients
The recipient of the collected data is Google.
Transfer to Third Countries
Personal data will be transferred to the USA under the EU-US Privacy Shield on the basis of the European Commission's adequacy decision. You can download the certificate here.
Duration of Data Storage
The data sent by us and linked to cookies, user-identifiers (e.g. User-IDs) or advertising-identifiers are automatically deleted after 14 months. Data whose retention period has been reached is automatically deleted once a month.
6. General user rights
You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by blocking the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functionalities of this website to their full extent.
You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by downloading and installing the Browser Add-on. Opt-out cookies will prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. To prevent Universal Analytics from collecting data across different devices, you must opt-out on all systems used. If you click here, the opt-out cookie will be set: Disable Google Analytics.
You have the following general user rights concerning the processing of your data:
· Right to access according to art. 15 GDPR: You have the right to request information about the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data concerned, the recipients or category of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right to request rectification, erasure, restriction of processing of personal data or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint, any information as to the source where the personal data is not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if necessary, meaningful information about the logic involved.
· Right to rectification according to art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to request the immediate rectification of inaccurate personal data or to have us complete the personal data we have stored.
· Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) according to art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data provided such processing is not required to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
· Right to restriction of processing according to art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data, and we no longer need the data for the purposes of the processing, but you need the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing according to art. 21 GDPR (see also item 8 “Right to object” of this Data Protection Policy).
· Right to data portability according to art. 20 GDPR: You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided in a commonly used, machine-readable and structured format or have the right to transmit such data to another controller.
· Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (according to art. 77 GDPR): You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Typically, you can turn to the supervisory authority of your habitual residence or place of work or the supervisory authority at our place of business.
7. Right to withdraw consent
According to art. 7 (3) GDPR, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time in the future. It suffices to send an email to email@example.com to this end.
According to art. 21 GDPR, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of data concerning you if and to the extent that your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests according to art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. This shall also apply to any profiling based on these provisions. If you would like to make use of your right to object, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further steps are based on art. 21 GDPR. In case of direct advertising, personal data will no longer be used in case of an objection. In other cases, data will only be further processed in case of an objection if we can prove that there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms or the processing serves to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
9. External links
Our website may contain links to other websites (so-called hyperlinks). We have no influence on whether the operators of such websites comply with applicable data protection legislation. We would therefore like to ask you to find out about their data protection policy directly on their website. At the time of linking, we did not identify any unlawful content or illegal technical or organizational measures. We therefore do not assume any liability. If we learn about any legal violations, we will delete the link concerned immediately.
10. Data safety
To ensure data safety, particularly to protect your personal data from unauthorized access and misuse, we have taken comprehensive technical and organizational safety measures. Our safety processes are assessed and audited regularly and adjusted to conform to the latest technological developments.
Data transmitted via contact forms available on our website is transmitted using SSL by default. We have no influence on the safety of data transmitted on the Internet. Please remember this before you decide to transmit any information through the Internet. You may also contact your data protection officer by mail, phone or fax if you have any concerns.
11. Applicability and amendment of this Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Policy is currently in effect and valid as of October 2018.
As a result of the further development of our website and offers or due to new legal or regulatory requirements, we may be required to amend this Data Protection Policy.
You can access and print the currently applicable version of our Data Protection Policy at www.Holger-Clasen.de/en/data-privacy on our website at any time.